Senaste nytt
finewines.se

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Som flera kanske har märkt är sig finewines.se inte sig likt rent utseendemässigt! En uppgradering av forumets mjukvara har genomförts och temat kommer successivt att uppdateras för att bättre matcha vår tidigare färgprofil! Eventuella buggar eller feedback tas tacksamt emot i den här forumtråden!

Nya viner från Mullineux

chambertin

Medlem
Det kommer nyheter från Mullineux i Sydafrika. Skall bli intressant att se om det går att får tag på ngt här i Europa eller i Sydafrika så småningom.
I Sydafrika ligger priserna på 975 R för Dry Red och 625 R för Chardonnayerna vilket brukar bli ungefär samma fast i SEK här hemma.

Leeu Passant 2015: A game changing ‘pre-release’ from the Mullineuxs

Wine Enthusiast’s 2016 Winemaker of the Year, Andrea Mullineux and her husband Chris have just launched their game changing Leeu Passant wines. Produced from old vines, including the oldest registered red wine vineyard in South Africa, these wines redefine the South African wine landscape. From the great 2015 vintage, all three are set to last for decades.

The two Chardonnays are world beaters. Finely crafted and uniquely South African, there is no sense of emulation here, just the pursuit of the very best South Africa can offer. The Leeu Passant Elandskloof Chardonnay 2015 is modern, pure fruited and elegant in style with a broad texture and detailed acidity. Grown at a high altitude, the positive diurnal range contributes to the perfect conditions for Chardonnay. The Leeu Passant Stellenbosch Chardonnay 2015 on the other hand, is one of the most powerful we have tasted. Lime, seashells and blossoms lead to a vibrant, zingy and lingering finish – a wine that should last for decades. Produced from two parcels on the Helderberg, this is a new SA benchmark.

Since 2013, Chris and Andrea Mullineux have been working on a new project that focuses on vineyards outside of the Swartland appellation specially selected by Rosa Kruger. Together with their partner Analijt Singh, the culmination of this project is the Leeu Passant Dry Red Wine 2015. Inspired by past successes from the 50s, 60s and 70s, like Chateau Libertas and Rustenberg Dry Red, Chris and Andrea have created a fine wine shaped from Cabernet Sauvignon and old vine Cinsaut, including a remarkable 117-year-old vineyard planted in 1900. This is a masterful reinvention of what great South African red should be. The Cabernet Sauvignon adds structure and acidity, the Cinsaut lends perfume and fruit, and the Cabernet Franc imparts fine tannins, spice and savouriness. A world class red wine that speaks of South Africa’s heritage and brings the unique wines of the past into the future.

Toppen