Senaste nytt
finewines.se

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Som flera kanske har märkt är sig finewines.se inte sig likt rent utseendemässigt! En uppgradering av forumets mjukvara har genomförts och temat kommer successivt att uppdateras för att bättre matcha vår tidigare färgprofil! Eventuella buggar eller feedback tas tacksamt emot i den här forumtråden!

Schysst portvin (Taylor's Scion)

sunqan

Vinös
Antar att ni sett Vinunics utskick om Taylor's Scion (prephylloxera-portvin)?

Det är säkert gott och intressant. Ännu mer intresant blir det dock när man jämför Vinunics översättning av Taylor's pressrelease...

2008 fick Taylor’s vinmakare David Guimaraens reda på att en familj i Dourodalen hade ett fat i sina ägor av ett mycket gammalt portvin som följt familjen i flera generationer. Det sägs att familjen bland annat hade sålt ett fat till Winston Churchill men ville behålla det sista fatet inom familjen.

och den engelska texten
An extremely rare, cask-aged Tawny Port dating back to the mid 19th Century has been uncovered by Head
Winemaker, David Guimaraens, in the village of Prezegueda in the Corgo Valley.

Owned by a distinguished Douro family and passed down as a private family reserve through several generations,
it only came to light after the recent death of the sole direct descendent. Her heirs decided to sell the remaining
two pipes
to Taylor’s earlier this year, a third was said to have been acquired by Winston Churchill.

synd att man är en sån petimeter.

Trådskapare
sunqan

sunqan

Vinös
SV: Schysst portvin (Taylor's Scion)

och Decanter skriver:

About 1,400 bottles of Scion will be released, packaged in a specially designed decanter and wooden box based on a 19th century instrument case.

Trådskapare
sunqan

sunqan

Vinös
SV: Schysst portvin (Taylor's Scion)

sen hittade jag följande berättelse på http://www.intramurosbrands.com/news/taylors_tawny_masterclass:
In 2009, the line of the distinguished family came to an end and without any children; her nephews consulted lawyers and agreed to sell the four remaining pipes to Taylors
och
On 13th January 2010, two casks were transferred to Taylors and due to its price and rarity they opted not to back blend this ancient port into the 40-Year Old.

spännande, undrar hur mycket som egentligen är sant ???

Toppen