Senaste nytt
finewines.se

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Som flera kanske har märkt är sig finewines.se inte sig likt rent utseendemässigt! En uppgradering av forumets mjukvara har genomförts och temat kommer successivt att uppdateras för att bättre matcha vår tidigare färgprofil! Eventuella buggar eller feedback tas tacksamt emot i den här forumtråden!

Barbera som temata

Trådskapare
StefanAkiko

StefanAkiko

Återgår till pendeldrickning post-COVID.
Inga soltorkade tomater i detta vin, men lite russin:

2009 La Spinetta (Rivetti) Barbera d'Asti Cà di Pian
2014-05-07 (80 p.)
Second last Barbera of our collection, as part of our full immersion in to this grape. Goal: to feel confident enough to pick it at blind tastings. However, we find this grape bland or ... slick. No coherent aroma-handles for us. The expressions in Piemonte ranges from Beaujolais to massive Napa Cab and the aromas range from tiny, bashful red fruits to dark and massive, chocolatey aromas via roses and violets...

This btl has a quality of rather matured, rasiny, berries on the palate. Slight percieved sweetness. Strong acidic structure, hollow mid-palate, and ending short. Tannins are M- and don't add to this wine's structure. A bland wine speaking Italian, for sure, but... I always expect a lot from La Spinetta, and this btl doesn't deliver.

Blinded, this one has so many more markers for a Corvina Ripasso than for a Barbera...

I don't (yet) get it with his grape. One last try for tomorrow's lunch.

Toppen