Senaste nytt
finewines.se

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Som flera kanske har märkt är sig finewines.se inte sig likt rent utseendemässigt! En uppgradering av forumets mjukvara har genomförts och temat kommer successivt att uppdateras för att bättre matcha vår tidigare färgprofil! Eventuella buggar eller feedback tas tacksamt emot i den här forumtråden!

Bordeaux "En Primeur" 2009

Allaboda

Medlem
SV: Bordeaux "En Primeur" 2009

chambertin skrev:
Få se sedan vad det blir mer men Rieussec, de Fargues, Cos, Gruaud-Larose, Pontet-Canet och några andra finns på min lista.

Cos lär du få slanta upp ordentligt för efter Parkers bedömning:

'The 2009 Cos d’Estournel is one of the greatest young wines I have ever tasted ... in the world! (98-100)'

Trådskapare
chambertin

chambertin

Medlem

Allaboda skrev:
Cos lär du få slanta upp ordentligt för efter Parkers bedömning:

'The 2009 Cos d’Estournel is one of the greatest young wines I have ever tasted ... in the world! (98-100)'
Jo jag såg det tyvärr. Hade hoppats mer på inflytande från eBob-kollegan Neal Martin:

Tasted twice on separate occasions at the property. Stylistically, the Cos d'Estournel sets itself apart from the entire Left Bank, though I am uncertain whether this is a positive thing. Coming in with an IPT of 99 and tangible 14.5% alcohol, it is endowed with an extremely rich, decadent nose with macerated black cherries, cassis, a touch of crème de menthe, melted chocolate and a hint of fig. This is an extremely powerful nose that bears more relationship with the Douro than the Gironde. It is endowed with Leviathan tannins that form a massive, arching structure, moderate acidity, the power seeming to dominate the finish at the expense of a little finesse. This is a Cos d'Estournel that wants to make a bold impression. Leaving it for 15-20 minutes there is a change in the glass, becoming rounder and more harmonized, certainly some of the heat dissipating and yet one has to question whether stylistically, it has forsaken its identity as quintessential Saint Estephe? Another sample with one hour decanting with a little smoother and yet still showed a little hardness and alcohol on the finish. Tasted March 2010.

Score: 89-91 Neal Martin, eRobertParker.com

Å andra sidan så har t.ex Pontet-Canet varit väldigt uppskriven i både 2005 och 2008 (och flera andra årgångar på 2000-talet också förresten) av de flesta skribenter men priserna på primörerna har varit resonabla. T.ex kostade P-C -08 "bara" 45€/pava (HT Frankrike) medan Cos tyvärr låg på 70€ . Helt ok priser i och för sig om det är stora viner som ligger nära perfektion men sen vill man ju ha lite variation också så det drar snabbt iväg när priserna börjar närma sig 100€ och därutöver. Vågar inte tänka på vad Lafite och Latour kommer att hamna på.

Och sen kommer ju snart Rhône -09 ut och det vill man nog ha lite av också.

Shit vilken jävla hobby man har.

Jimmy Forsman

Missförstått geni. Gravt blygsam. Despot.

Neal Martin slår huvudet på spiken

Reverse Entropy: Bordeaux AC & Satellite ‘09

A-Z of Primeur

Y…is for YES!
This powerful three-letter word races through my head whenever I chance upon a wine that is worthy of the euphoric affirmative. The first question I always ask when sampling a wine is: is it a “yes” or a “no”. Quite simple. Much can flow from that fundamental question. Sometimes you stumble upon a strong YES! i.e. one that demands capital letters and an exclamation mark. Wines that provoked a YES! in 2009 include: Latour, Lafite-Rothschild, Ausone, L’Eglise-Clinet amongst others. Very occasionally you experience the “orgasmic YES!!!” which demands three exclamation marks and maybe a cigarette to calm down afterwards. Lafleur elicited an orgasmic YES!!!

Of course, as a wine critic, you have to conceal the YES! and the orgasmic YES!!! from the winemaker. I may have a look of utter disinterest, I may be reticent, but inside, my head is screaming: “For f—k sake, that was amazing, I just wanna’ jump around this room and kiss the winemaker hard on the lips…even Jean-Hubert Delon…but…but…I must maintain this stoic façade. Next contestant please…”

Z…is for zebra.
There are always esoteric members of the alphabet that pose a challenge. Z? Zzzz…for a boring wine. Zeal…how one should approach en primeur. Zimbabwe…as far as I am aware, there were no attendees from this African country, although I am sure the UGC can find one from somewhere. Zero…the number of points I would like to have given some of those over-ripe Saint Emilions. Zyxomma…I did not spot one in Bordeaux. Zooplankton…a shoal were denied entry to the Pauillac UGC as they had not pre-registered.
Then of course…zebra! Why there is one at hanging behind you in the tasting room of a First Growth. Just look over your shoulder next time.

Final Words (For Now)

And so we arrive at our final stop. I hope you have enjoyed your journey through the 2009 vintage as much as I had tasting and writing about it. I will imminently be re-examining some of them in the UK now that merchants have cajoled châteaux into attending Primeur ’09 tastings for their clients. Good thing too in my book: let the punters get their tonsils around the wines before parting with their hard-earned dosh.

By now, I am sure you have read dozens of primeur reports. For this writer, a primeur report should be more than just a “list of favourites”. It ought to attempt some understanding of the wines in the context of the vagaries of a growing season, all at a regrettably premature juncture. It should describe the sentiment surrounding the vintage; the arguments it may foment (in particular for the more controversial wines) and postulate what the wines might taste like when one takes into account the élevage and previous vintages. Beyond that, I hope it has been entertaining and that you have enjoyed the humour and the photographs that have accompanied each article. I only had one week to compose the entire series, but I have done my best.

Certainly this year, I felt that there was a zeal for wine writers to be first with the news and to taste as many wines as physically possible. This sets a dangerous precedent, for the samples demand patience on the part of its evaluator, to settle in the glass, to overcome its nerves in front of the examiner. I would ask whether journalists’ priority was to write the best, more accurate report possible or whether they just wanted to be the first? In your marathon tasting, did the last wine receive as much attention as the first?

Looking back over the 500+ wines, the 2009 is a great vintage, but it does not merit the sobriquet as “vintage of the century”. It is a vintage that highlights where Bordeaux stands at the moment, both the good and the bad. Of course, we have to see how châteaux set their prices and the reaction from the markets, in particular the Far East, although I think their interest for primeur will focus on just the top twenty names. We will find out in the coming weeks.

This is just the first snapshot and I look forward to taking more through these wines’ infancy, their teenage years, adulthood and who knows, maybe even old age. It will be intriguing to see how these comparatively high alcohol wines evolve, whether they will match the quality of the 1982, 2000 and 2005? Wine-Journal continues to re-appraise Bordeaux through their arc of their lives, so you know where to look for in bottle assessments, 10-year on retrospectives and verticals.

For now, it is time to wrap up the report. The wines are slowly being released and meanwhile, the vines have woken from their dormancy and are busy preparing for the next vintage: 2010. You know, I saw the way those vines were budding…I think it could be the vintage of the century.

Wine-Journal Recommends: Chateau Thieuley Blanc, Chateau Marjosse, Chateau Saint Genes, Chateau Thieuley Reserve Francis Courselle, Chateau Lugagnac, Chateau Croix Mouton, Chateau Bolaire, Chateau L’Embrun

Håkan

Medlem

Och så var de första priserna ute, Certan de May 725 £, upp 50% från 05, jag hittar nog annat av intresse än Bordeaux.

Keen

slan

Lite roligt att Parker, utan förvarning, stängde sitt forum för icke betalande i samband med att hans poäng för 09 kom ut.

Mmm

Medlem

Tar det inte ovanligt lång tid för cru classé vinerna att komma till försäljning? 2008:eek:rna kom ju t.o.m ut innan Parker bedömde dem i slutet av april 2009. Hade man varit på hugget då hade man varit en glad man idag (1500 spänn för Lafite - innan den potentiella 100 poängaren kom ut). Än så länge är det mest kranskommuner och notoriska underpresterare på primörsidorna.

Undrar vad prislyftet kommer att bli på Poyferré... 2008:an såldes för 270 DKK, det lär inte räcka med 30% prishöjning där.

magnum

Epernay, Frankrike

Mmm skrev:
Tar det inte ovanligt lång tid för cru classé vinerna att komma till försäljning? 2008:eek:rna kom ju t.o.m ut innan Parker bedömde dem i slutet av april 2009. Hade man varit på hugget då hade man varit en glad man idag (1500 spänn för Lafite - innan den potentiella 100 poängaren kom ut). Än så länge är det mest kranskommuner och notoriska underpresterare på primörsidorna.

Undrar vad prislyftet kommer att bli på Poyferré... 2008:an såldes för 270 DKK, det lär inte räcka med 30% prishöjning där.
2005 och 2006 kom 1 Cru ut i juli, 2003 och 2004 i juni så det kommer nog dröja ett tag med 09orna....
Farr har på sin hemsida estimat på priserna (brukar stämma) deras högsta för LP är dryga 1000SEK! ;)

Mmm

Medlem

Så har de något bättre slotten börjat komma ut!

Har sedan tidigare handlat Poujeaux, Lanessan och Senejac. Idag blev det Giscours, Gruaud Larose, Clerc Milon och Gazin. Fast nu börjar sparkassan ta slut, och det är kanske ingen idé att gå högre i prisklasserna. T.ex Clerc Milon kostade nu 395 DKK, från 2008 kvittot ser jag att samma vin kostade 235 DKK för ett år sen. En höjning på nästan 70%... Hur skall det då se ut för super seconds?

Håkan

Medlem

Mmm>> Med tanke på att Gruaud Larose och Clerc Milon bara studsade på Farr, BBR och FRW så är det nog bra köp (primörer 2000 kostade Gruaud Larose 529 och Clerc Milon 349). Det är lite av chicken race, antingen gör man av med sparkassan innan de stora kommer och då inser att f-n de var ju inte så farligt dyra, eller så inser man att de stora inte gick att köpa och då är de mindre slut. Jag tror fortfarande i min enfald att någon Super Second skall gå att köpa, 2005 blev det till slut Leoville Barton. Sedan verkar det som alla stirrar på Medoc, jag tror nog att St Emillon och Graves är nog så intressant. Och de St Emilloner jag kollat ligger kvar.
Jag börjar tro att Certan de Mays strategi med att vara först med release till ett rejält pris trots allt inte var så dumt, många otåliga har nog köpt.

Elvis

Medlem

Skönt att inte prestigechampagnerna släpps på det här sättet. Jag har en känsla av att jag skulle bli ruinerad. :)

magnum

Epernay, Frankrike

Elvis skrev:
Skönt att inte prestigechampagnerna släpps på det här sättet. Jag har en känsla av att jag skulle bli ruinerad. :)
Champagner släpps på ett annat sätt, men jag tycker utgången är den samma, ruin! ;D

Trådskapare
chambertin

chambertin

Medlem

Elvis skrev:
Jag tror att Parker och kompani skulle ha lite svårt att prova basvinerna i Champagne i Mars året efter skörden. :)

Per Stade

Lege artis

chambertin skrev:
Tappade precis lusten för mer 2009-primörer när jag läste det här:

http://www.wownews.se/?a=7720

Det handlar om spekulation i framtida priser, som all börshandel.
Så länge det finns samlare som har för mycket pengar och är
villiga och har råd att betala vad som helst så kommer priserna att stiga.
Och snart kommer vi att se en flod av förfalskningar. Det måste vara
enklare att förfalska etiketterna på vinflaskor än att förfalska pengar.
Och enkelt att byta från en årgång till en annan. Då behöver man inte
ens förfalska flaskan och vinet. Och troligen hamnar det mesta ändå i
vinkällarna så risken för upptäckt är liten.

Mmm

Medlem

Wow vilken story! Lite av storyn hade jag hört talas om, men med hela bakgrunden inser man vilken skojare han var/är.

Angående primör 2009 känns "Chicken race" känslan igen. Dock verkar en del slott återkomma efter de är slutsålda, till ett högre pris. Gruaud Larose, Clerc Milon, d'Armahilac, Giscours finns dock fortfarande till startpris i DK. Det som sålde slut fortast var faktiskt Poujeaux (finns nu igen till ett 30 DKK högre pris).

Tycker dock att det kan finnas anledning att besinna sej om det drar iväg för långt. Gick man inte in direkt på 2005:eek:rna ligger man nu på vin som kostar samma/mindre idag än som primörer (och då skall vi inte snacka om SB's priser). Och varför handla 2009 till högre pris än vällagrade 1996:eek:r.

Jimmy Forsman

Missförstått geni. Gravt blygsam. Despot.

Pratade precis med en negociant nere i Bordeaux och enligt henne så verkar folk fortfarande ligga lite lågt, normalt så borde saker börja rulla på i snabbare takt med releaser med början av nästa vecka, men vem vet.

Hi Jimmy,

Yes everything is well with me, I hope with you also.

Some of them have started with their second wines, like Pagodes de Cos: far too expensive at 36.00 e, Alter Ego at 34.00 € (excellent sales because the quality is outstanding), Echo de Lynch Bages at 21.60 € (Lynch Bages is undoubtedly THE strongest brand of Bordeaux).

We are still waiting for the big names…….. . It is a rather long and slow campaign……. . Normally it should be more active next week.

Toppen