Senaste nytt
finewines.se

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Som flera kanske har märkt är sig finewines.se inte sig likt rent utseendemässigt! En uppgradering av forumets mjukvara har genomförts och temat kommer successivt att uppdateras för att bättre matcha vår tidigare färgprofil! Eventuella buggar eller feedback tas tacksamt emot i den här forumtråden!

Idag dricker vi, provningsnoteringar och diskussioner

vininfo.nu

Medlem
Domaine de l'Ecu Expression de Granite 2005 (Muscadet)

image.jpg

Härligt rökigt och vaxigt med inslag av anis. Frukten åt det tropiska hållet. Annars viss bokenhet och bra syra. Klar dragning åt Chenin Blanc hållet...

StefanAkiko

Återgår till pendeldrickning post-COVID.
Saknas dock fortf ett vin i sista flighten som jag ej klarar lägga upp på CT. @Matlen fixar!

Brownbag in Göteborg by Finewines.se
Göteborgs Vinkällare
Tasted den 26 april 2014 by StefanAkiko

INTRODUCTION
20 wines and 7 wine geeks from several parts of Sweden gather in the beautiful settings of Göteborgs Vinkällare.

FLIGHT 1 - THE REASON WE DECIDED TO GATHER
1982 Chateau Suduiraut was just as marvellous as one could ever dream of...

• 1982 Château Suduiraut, 95 Points
    France, Bordeaux, Sauternais, Sauternes
    Snappy golden colour.
    Nose is grand and superbly balanced. Saffron-dominated with honeyd botrytis and the usual dried fruits. This one has a special character also, that I still cannot place, even after all these years...
    In the mouth it is ever so lightly, but yet fading. Still a fabulous wine with amazing mature Sauternais characteristics. Still recognizeable from my early days of wine-nerding. Will be quite enjoyable for many years to come.
    If you own some, drink them whenever you celebrate something special. Fabulous wine and deserves it's acclaim.
FLIGHT 2 - BUBBLIES
With a varied bunch of unusual Italian expressions and one (arguably) failed Champagne, this was more in the direction of interesting.

• 2012 Bisi Pinot Nero Vino Frizzante Provincia di Pavia IGT, 82 Points
    Italy, Lombardia, Provincia di Pavia IGT
    In ordinary wine btl, quite unusual.
    Blinded, some suggested cider.
    Light yellow. Nose of fresh pears, pear cider. In the mouth this is quite well done with a pure acidic backbone. Very young and on its straight-forward simple fruit. ...with pears.

• NV H. Billiot Fils Champagne Grand Cru Brut Cuvée Julie, Flawed
    France, Champagne, Ambonnay, Champagne
    Yellow with beautiful bubbles.
    A huge nose of brown licorice that to me was so awful, I just couldn't possibly enjoy this. Over-oaked gone terribly wrong with a lot of foul chemistry. Some loved it though. Usually I'm the one to like the oddballs in tastings, but never this one.
    (Some said it was not flawed, always amazing how much taste can vary.)

• NV Fallet-Gourron Champagne Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Extra Brut, 91 Points
    France, Champagne, Avize, Champagne
    Has a whiff of impurities amidst all beautiful maturing fruit. On the palate this is a very fine Champagne that I'd love to return to. A little sister to Krug GC in style.

• NV Cantina di Gambellara Recioto di Gambellara Spumante Dolce, 86 Points
    Italy, Veneto, Recioto di Gambellara
    My first ever bubbly made from sundried Garganega.
    A yellow, slightly sweet wine with low bubble activity. The nose shows muted and indistinct to me. In the mouth it has a good mouthfeel with it's slight sweetness and good acidic backbone to balance it all off. Would happily have this again, and if I got it with some more bubbles, I'd be even more happy.
FLIGHT 3 - THE WHITE FLIGHT (3 NOTES)
With one CB fooling us all as a Chard, one dead Auslese abd the WOTN...

• 2009 Graham Beck Chenin Blanc The Game Reserve, 83 Points
    South Africa, Coastal Region
    We all said without the smallest doubt: Chardonnay.
    The discussion that followed put it in California or more South because of the rather rich oak treatment and extrovert style. Personally, I was absolutely sure it was a rich, buttery, non-prudently oak-chips-drenched Chard...
    We found none of the CB-markers in this btl.

• 1979 F.u.W. Schmitgen Kloster Liebfreuenberg Auslese, Flawed
    Germany, Pfalz
    Dark brown, caramellized and oxidized wine.
    Gone, bye-bye...
    (A btl from last year was apparently in great condition.)

• 1976 Verwaltung der Staatsweingüter Rauenthaler Gehrn Riesling Auslese, 97 Points
    Germany, Rheingau
    WOTN (I seem to remember that all ppl agreed.)
    This Riesling clearly speaks German.
    In its perfect stride, where it will remain and slowly fade away over many years.
    The perfect German Riesling nose with superbly balanced petrochem and mature Botrytis notes of distinction. The palate is amazingly elegant and well built with the sweetness reduced from age and a beautiful, tranquil, transparent structure allowing for the stony minerality to take center stage.
    A lovely, lovely wine.
FLIGHT 4 - OLD RED (2 NOTES)
Especially the Valbuena I could drink on a daily basis. An amazing wine.

• 1975 Château de Sales, 92 Points
    France, Bordeaux, Libournais, Pomerol
    From reading the other TN's, this was a great btl! According to Michael Broadbent, should have been drunk by 1990... Still hanging on well to life and will fade over many more years to come.

Robe: maturing wine, not browning.
    Nez: immediately Bdx with classic cedar, horse arse style Brett and schoolbook Bdx earth. We thought Pauillac.
    Bouche: we changed our opinions to St Estephe. Has a good spree of sumi-ink. The tannic structure M+ and acids M+ keep this together well. Some meaty and smoked aromas together with some vegetal elements. Elegant, distinct, fully mature but not "advanced" by any means. An excellent wine nevertheless no top-notch.
    It was quite some time ago I last had the pleasure of drinking '75 Bdx. What a great return to this tannic, beastly and (thus) lovely year!

According to Bordueax 2 ed. 1991:
    Merlot 70%, Cab franc 15%, Cab sauv 15%
    18-22 months in barrels.

• 1982 Bodegas Vega-Sicilia Ribera del Duero Valbuena 5°, 97 Points
    Spain, Castilla y León, Ribera del Duero
    Dark, mature red color.
    The nose took a while for me to dissect. With the great noses around the table I soon saw the light. Dark, mellow and earthy notes that grew well. Speaks clearly of age with a fabulous aromatic palette of butter and BBQ sauce with some 'liquid smoke'.
    In the mouth it is becomingly oxidized from its age, has integrated its barrel time well and still both acidic and tannic bite. Dark cherries jam, a hint of dill and a fine pice of butter on top. Full bodied wine and all grapes snuggly and seamlessly integrated.

Our blinded discussions started in Spain, travelled the World, only to return to Spain. We then scratched Rioja and with small assistance from M.E. finally scratched also Priorat and landed with Vega Sicilia. Almost correct :)
    A fabulous, fabulous wine!
    Owners with good btls can keep their treasures for many more years, however, it is fully mature now.
FLIGHT 5 - YOUNGER REDS, 1ST FLIGHT (5 NOTES)
The Montrose did exceptionally well tonight, at least according to my impressions.

• 2011 Marchesi Mazzei Zisola Doppiozeta Sicilia IGT, 80 Points
    Italy, Sicily, Sicilia IGT
    Most of us were way off on grape and country here. I thought it a slightly sweet, simple Cali Cab á la Gallo. Low acids and a slight sweetness on top of unreasonable amounts of American oak. Fell apart in my mouth and just simply not a wine worth my while.

• 2010 Montalbera Ruchè di Castagnole Monferrato L'Accento, 70 Points
    Italy, Piedmont, Monferrato, Ruchè di Castagnole Monferrato
    I really don't like this wine. Awful, terrible!
    To my sensory system, it's getting worse with each encounter... Ruché is a never-again-grape for me.
    Bergamot overdose.
    Foul roses overdose.
    Terrible!
    I have nightmares...
    If you like bergamot, than this may well be great for your taste. The wine is well concentrated and intense, albeit light. But it's rather bergamotty...

• 2010 Michele Chiarlo Barbera d'Asti Superiore Nizza La Court, 86 Points
    Italy, Piedmont, Asti, Barbera d'Asti Superiore Nizza
    What a great timing for reaquainting me with this one. Of course I mistook it for a Sangiovese...
    It speaks Italian with its happy acids, cherry fruit and charm. The intensity for great pleasure with food is there!
    Decision made: a few weeks of Barbera indulgence in the summer. I really need to learn this grape some day...

(Would probably have yielded more, had it been decanted a little more. Because this was one of the last wines I returned to and found it had grown.)

• 2007 Domaine Grand Veneur Châteauneuf-du-Pape Vieilles Vignes, 91 Points
    France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape
    Screaming of sundrenched Grenache on the nose palate. However, there is great acidic backbone and good tannins here as well.
    This is a pure wine without Brett and other strong personality traits. A little anonymity, I'd say, but blaming it on its youth.

Far too young for my taste, I'd give it some 10 years. At least.

• 2008 Château Montrose, 96 Points
    France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Estèphe
    I think the Wagnerian valkyries have to continue being the apt analogy for this wine. Powerful, harsh, aweinspiring...

It took some time for everyone to crack the code of this one. But the fabulous structure here is monumental and simply sublime. Polished tannins galore. Acids balancing the fruit that is hard like titanium. This is sharp steel in a bottle.

• Not having had all 2008's, I can still easily imagine this being one of the best wines in Bdx in this year. Fantastic effort! And sheer pleasure. Ticks all of my boxes!
FLIGHT 6 - YOUNGER REDS, 2ND FLIGHT (4 NOTES)
New Zeeland PN is something that I need to drink more and more of.

• 2010 Reyneke Reserve Red, 96 Points
    South Africa, Coastal Region, Stellenbosch
    This wine rocks! Shockingly good. Makes for a great ringer in a Northern Rhône tasting.

White pepper galore on top of CS fruit. I first decided CS (40%) then changed my vote to Syrah (60%). Syrah clearly dominates (today) and there is a precise character and tight structure in this wine. Precisely what makes me love Hermitage and Cornas.

Has a long and beautiful life ahead!
    QPR is a winner here!

• 2009 Felton Road Pinot Noir Block 5, 92 Points
    New Zealand, South Island, Otago, Central Otago
    This padawan took some time to come out of the closet. Of the three Felton Roads tonight, this was the one I liked the best after a dogfight between this one and the Block 3.

Intense, pure, red berry wine with a refined PN nose and palate incl that twang of bitterness. Well kept and built wine. Beautifully and delicately crafted. Should be kept for some years to allow it to bloom, but it's just such a great wine as it is today.

• 2010 Felton Road Pinot Noir Cornish Point, 88 Points
    This is the fruity, juicy New World style that is very appealing with its slight sweetness. Same style that makes me love the Yellow Tail PN and other more simple expressions of PN.
    For drinking on its fruit.
    Darn this is delicious!!!

• 2009 Felton Road Pinot Noir Block 3, 91 Points
    This padawan took some time to come out of the closet. Of the three Felton Roads tonight, this was the one I liked 2nd best. After a dogfight between this one and the Block 5.

Intense, pure, red berry wine with a refined PN nose and mellow palate incl that twang of bitterness. Well raised wine. Beautifully crafted. Should be kept for some years to allow it to bloom, but it's just such a great wine as it is today. Yumm!
CLOSING
An evening of some outstanding wines and great company. Next time: we meet in Umeå.

Mattias Schyberg

Administratör
Saknas dock fortf ett vin i sista flighten som jag ej klarar lägga upp på CT. @Matlen fixar!

Göteborgs Vinkällare

INTRODUCTION
20 wines and 7 wine geeks from several parts of Sweden gather in the beautiful settings of Göteborgs Vinkällare.

Snappy golden colour.
    Nose is grand and superbly balanced. Saffron-dominated with honeyd botrytis and the usual dried fruits. This one has a special character also, that I still cannot place, even after all these years...
    In the mouth it is ever so lightly, but yet fading. Still a fabulous wine with amazing mature Sauternais characteristics. Still recognizeable from my early days of wine-nerding. Will be quite enjoyable for many years to come.
    If you own some, drink them whenever you celebrate something special. Fabulous wine and deserves it's acclaim.
FLIGHT 2 - BUBBLIES
With a varied bunch of unusual Italian expressions and one (arguably) failed Champagne, this was more in the direction of interesting.

Light yellow. Nose of fresh pears, pear cider. In the mouth this is quite well done with a pure acidic backbone. Very young and on its straight-forward simple fruit. ...with pears.

A huge nose of brown licorice that to me was so awful, I just couldn't possibly enjoy this. Over-oaked gone terribly wrong with a lot of foul chemistry. Some loved it though. Usually I'm the one to like the oddballs in tastings, but never this one.

Has a whiff of impurities amidst all beautiful maturing fruit. On the palate this is a very fine Champagne that I'd love to return to. A little sister to Krug GC in style.

A yellow, slightly sweet wine with low bubble activity. The nose shows muted and indistinct to me. In the mouth it has a good mouthfeel with it's slight sweetness and good acidic backbone to balance it all off. Would happily have this again, and if I got it with some more bubbles, I'd be even more happy.

The discussion that followed put it in California or more South because of the rather rich oak treatment and extrovert style. Personally, I was absolutely sure it was a rich, buttery, non-prudently oak-chips-drenched Chard...

Germany, Pfalz
    Gone, bye-bye...

• 1976 Verwaltung der Staatsweingüter Rauenthaler Gehrn Riesling Auslese, 97 Points
    Germany, Rheingau
    In its perfect stride, where it will remain and slowly fade away over many years.
    The perfect German Riesling nose with superbly balanced petrochem and mature Botrytis notes of distinction. The palate is amazingly elegant and well built with the sweetness reduced from age and a beautiful, tranquil, transparent structure allowing for the stony minerality to take center stage.
    A lovely, lovely wine.

From reading the other TN's, this was a great btl! According to Michael Broadbent, should have been drunk by 1990... Still hanging on well to life and will fade over many more years to come.

Nez: immediately Bdx with classic cedar, horse arse style Brett and schoolbook Bdx earth. We thought Pauillac.
    Bouche: we changed our opinions to St Estephe. Has a good spree of sumi-ink. The tannic structure M+ and acids M+ keep this together well. Some meaty and smoked aromas together with some vegetal elements. Elegant, distinct, fully mature but not "advanced" by any means. An excellent wine nevertheless no top-notch.
    It was quite some time ago I last had the pleasure of drinking '75 Bdx. What a great return to this tannic, beastly and (thus) lovely year!

18-22 months in barrels.

Dark, mature red color.
    The nose took a while for me to dissect. With the great noses around the table I soon saw the light. Dark, mellow and earthy notes that grew well. Speaks clearly of age with a fabulous aromatic palette of butter and BBQ sauce with some 'liquid smoke'.
    In the mouth it is becomingly oxidized from its age, has integrated its barrel time well and still both acidic and tannic bite. Dark cherries jam, a hint of dill and a fine pice of butter on top. Full bodied wine and all grapes snuggly and seamlessly integrated.

Our blinded discussions started in Spain, travelled the World, only to return to Spain. We then scratched Rioja and with small assistance from M.E. finally scratched also Priorat and landed with Vega Sicilia. Almost correct :)
    Owners with good btls can keep their treasures for many more years, however, it is fully mature now.
The Montrose did exceptionally well tonight, at least according to my impressions.

Most of us were way off on grape and country here. I thought it a slightly sweet, simple Cali Cab á la Gallo. Low acids and a slight sweetness on top of unreasonable amounts of American oak. Fell apart in my mouth and just simply not a wine worth my while.

To my sensory system, it's getting worse with each encounter... Ruché is a never-again-grape for me.
    Bergamot overdose.
    Foul roses overdose.
    Terrible!
    I have nightmares...
    If you like bergamot, than this may well be great for your taste. The wine is well concentrated and intense, albeit light. But it's rather bergamotty...

What a great timing for reaquainting me with this one. Of course I mistook it for a Sangiovese...
    It speaks Italian with its happy acids, cherry fruit and charm. The intensity for great pleasure with food is there!
    Decision made: a few weeks of Barbera indulgence in the summer. I really need to learn this grape some day...

(Would probably have yielded more, had it been decanted a little more. Because this was one of the last wines I returned to and found it had grown.)

Screaming of sundrenched Grenache on the nose palate. However, there is great acidic backbone and good tannins here as well.
    This is a pure wine without Brett and other strong personality traits. A little anonymity, I'd say, but blaming it on its youth.

I think the Wagnerian valkyries have to continue being the apt analogy for this wine. Powerful, harsh, aweinspiring...

It took some time for everyone to crack the code of this one. But the fabulous structure here is monumental and simply sublime. Polished tannins galore. Acids balancing the fruit that is hard like titanium. This is sharp steel in a bottle.

• Not having had all 2008's, I can still easily imagine this being one of the best wines in Bdx in this year. Fantastic effort! And sheer pleasure. Ticks all of my boxes!

This wine rocks! Shockingly good. Makes for a great ringer in a Northern Rhône tasting.

White pepper galore on top of CS fruit. I first decided CS (40%) then changed my vote to Syrah (60%). Syrah clearly dominates (today) and there is a precise character and tight structure in this wine. Precisely what makes me love Hermitage and Cornas.

QPR is a winner here!

This padawan took some time to come out of the closet. Of the three Felton Roads tonight, this was the one I liked the best after a dogfight between this one and the Block 3.

Intense, pure, red berry wine with a refined PN nose and palate incl that twang of bitterness. Well kept and built wine. Beautifully and delicately crafted. Should be kept for some years to allow it to bloom, but it's just such a great wine as it is today.

This is the fruity, juicy New World style that is very appealing with its slight sweetness. Same style that makes me love the Yellow Tail PN and other more simple expressions of PN.

This padawan took some time to come out of the closet. Of the three Felton Roads tonight, this was the one I liked 2nd best. After a dogfight between this one and the Block 5.

Intense, pure, red berry wine with a refined PN nose and mellow palate incl that twang of bitterness. Well raised wine. Beautifully crafted. Should be kept for some years to allow it to bloom, but it's just such a great wine as it is today. Yumm!
CLOSING
An evening of some outstanding wines and great company. Next time: we meet in Umeå.
Lite överskattningar här och där och vissa delar jag inte håller med om, men i stort summerar du helheten bra. ;)

Sista vinet lyder ungefär så här, om jag minns rätt:
2007 Neil Ellis Auction Reserve Cape Winemakers Guild
Cabernet-Shiraz Blend (Red Blend)
Smaknot, fritt från minnet.

Fylligt och intensivt med ceder plommon, svarta vinbär, grillad röd paprika, ngt sparris, ngt SA-funk (rök) med dammig och lång eftersmak med drag av blyerts. Andas mycket CF, men med avsevärt större kropp. 91p Lite av en besvikelse med tanke på pris. Överdrivet grön och lite för spretig för att nå högre höjder, dock kompetent.

Last edited:

Magnus L

urydhtfilgukj
Lite överskattningar här och där och vissa delar jag inte håller med om, men i stort summerar du helheten bra. ;)

Sista vinet lyder ungefär så här, om jag minns rätt:
2007 Neil Ellis Auction Reserve Cape Winemakers Guild
Cabernet-Shiraz Blend (Red Blend)
Smaknot, fritt från minnet.

Fylligt och intensivt med ceder plommon, svarta vinbär, grillad röd paprika, ngt sparris, ngt SA-funk (rök) med dammig och lång eftersmak med drag av blyerts. Andas mycket CF, men med avsevärt större kropp. 91p Lite av en besvikelse med tanke på pris. Överdrivet grön och lite för spretig för att nå högre höjder, dock kompetent.
Vad tyckte du om vinerna då?

Livermore

Medlem

Göteborgs Vinkällare

INTRODUCTION

Snappy golden colour.
FLIGHT 2 - BUBBLIES

Germany, Pfalz
    Gone, bye-bye...

Germany, Rheingau
    A lovely, lovely wine.

18-22 months in barrels.

Dark, mature red color.

Bergamot overdose.
    Foul roses overdose.
    Terrible!
    I have nightmares...

QPR is a winner here!

CLOSING

Låter som en fantastisk kväll, hade lätt kunnat tänka mig vara med, men har för tillfället mycket annat som måste ha högre prio. Men förhoppningsvis kommer jag kunna vara med på lite sådana här grejer om några månader eller så. :)

För övrigt mest avundsjuk på Montrosen, ett vin som är "aweinspiring" är ett vin jag måste prova så snart som möjligt :cigarr:

Mattias Schyberg

Administratör
Tyvärr inga smaknoter sparade...
  • 1982 Château Suduiraut, 95p
    Mycket trevlig och mogen Sauternes med alla klassiska markörer. Intensiv och lång utan minsta tecken på övermognad
FLIGHT 2

FLIGHT 3
  • 2009 Graham Beck Chenin Blanc The Game Reserve, 85 Points
    Arom med återhållen frukt åt gula äpplen och aningen tropiska drag samt krutrökiga mineraler. Försiktiga inslag av gamla fat. Gissade på Chablis, en sort som fått smaka på ytterst lite ek. Helt ok syra och helt ok vin. Gillar dock inte stilen särskilt mycket.

• 1979 F.u.W. Schmitgen Kloster Liebfreuenberg Auslese, Sönderoxiderat
    Germany, Pfalz
    No comments...

• 1976 Verwaltung der Staatsweingüter Rauenthaler Gehrn Riesling Auslese, 94p
    Germany, Rheingau
    Ett vin att minnas för den bästa näsan någonsin i min värld när det gäller Riesling. En perfekt mix av petroleumnoter till tusen ihop med botrytis och lut. Så in i bänken trevligt. Smaken var dock inte lika imponerande. Lite bittert och torkat avslut trots den fina sötman. Ett litet minus.
FLIGHT 4
  • 1975 Château de Sales, 91p
    Mycket fin och klassisk mogen Bordeaux. Stall, läder och murket trä ihop med röda vinbär. Ganska lätt i stilen med vital syra och livskraft kvar. Mycket trevligt, men saknar intensiteten hos ett stort vin

• 1982 Bodegas Vega-Sicilia Ribera del Duero Valbuena 5°, 93p
    Stort och mustigt vin med rejäla muskler. Som en Rioja på steroider, men med lite dämpade dillinslag. Mycket smörkola vid första sniffen, som dock avtar och ger plats åt torkade röda bär och katrinplommon. Det som avslöjade delar av druvmaterialet var en distinkt blyertston i eftersmaken. Mycket gott vin som dock hade mått bra av lite mindre ek, då det krävdes en del för att hitta godsakerna under. Massiv intensitet, men lite svårbemästrad.
FLIGHT 5
  • 2011 Marchesi Mazzei Zisola Doppiozeta Sicilia IGT, 85p
    Ett vin jag inte gav någon uppmärksamhet. Kändes som en enkel, modern Bordeaux först, men lutade sedan mer åt en enkel Bordeaux-blend från nya världen. Inget fel på den, men föll helt bort i konkurrensen.
  • 2010 Montalbera Ruchè di Castagnole Monferrato L'Accento, 87p
    Kvällens mest udda vin. En vattendelare av rang, men ack vilken personlighet! Bergamott, svart te, lite nypon, rosor och något lite björnbär. Lite kardemumma vill jag minnas också. Slankt som tusan,men med fin syra och tanniner som påminner om överextraherat te. Kul vin, men väl slankt för mig i längden. Trevligt kuriosa-vin jag gärna testar igen.

• 2010 Michele Chiarlo Barbera d'Asti Superiore Nizza La Court, 89p
    Osade Chianti lång väg. Korrekt men lite trist. Inget fel på det dock. Både intensitet, syra och tanniner fanns där, men inget speciellt jag minns.

• 2007 Domaine Grand Veneur Châteauneuf-du-Pape Vieilles Vignes, 92 Points
    Kraftpaket som jag var beredd att slå vad hade sitt ursprung i USA. Massor av frukt, både röda bär, plommon och jordgubbssylt. Kryddighet åt peppar samt massor av lakrits och vanilj. Zinfandel och Petit Sirah kändes rätt, men även syrah. Med facit i hand var den dock ganska typisk, visserligen ovanligt fruktdriven för att vara fransos. God som satan!
  • 2008 Château Montrose, 95p
    Yes, detta var en riktig höjdare. Massor av kaffe, ceder, cigarrtobak med en stram men yppig kostym. Paprikanoter fick mig till Loire och en riktigt kraftig Cabernet Franc. Massor av damm och blyerts i eftersmaken. Det bet på bra. Ung som tusan, men vad gör det...
FLIGHT 6

• 2010 Reyneke Reserve Red, 95p
    Så jävla bra. Norra Rhône men med mer kraft och intensitet än de jag har druckit hittills. En perfekt mix mellan NV och GV, men med viss funk som talar om sitt ursprung.

• 2009 Felton Road Pinot Noir Block 5, Ger inga poäng, gav vinet för lite tid
    Gav alla tre Felton Road alldeles för lite uppmärksamhet. Korrekta och ovanligt kraftiga för att vara PN. Mer björnbär och rabarber än hallon/jordgubb. Alla tre kändes unga och primärfruktiga, men med kryddighet (lagerblad) och lite rotfrukt. Fina pinoter som behöver ligga till sig, men var klart goda och bättre än många andra jag druckit.

• 2010 Felton Road Pinot Noir Cornish Point,N/A
    New Zealand, South Island, Otago, Central Otago (se ovan)
    2009 Felton Road Pinot Noir Block 3, N/A
  • New Zealand, South Island, Otago, Central Otago (se ovan)

Last edited:

ChristianB

DipWSET
Det blev visst en alldeles fantastisk kväll, @Matlen !! Man blir avis... ;)

Min söndag var i all enkelhet, så jag öppnade en flaska Clos du Papillon 2008 med min mor och brorsan som var på besök. Doften var fantastiskt yppig med massor av aprikos, stenighet och viss citrus, medan smaken bjöd på en fin och pigg syra tillsammans med mer mineraliga, kalkiga toner. Fruktigheten uteblev lite i munnen men det gjorde inget! Jag har en flaska till som jag ska lägga undan och se hur den är kring 10 års-strecket!

Mattias Schyberg

Administratör
Det blev visst en alldeles fantastisk kväll, @Matlen !! Man blir avis... ;)

Min söndag var i all enkelhet, så jag öppnade en flaska Clos du Papillon 2008 med min mor och brorsan som var på besök. Doften var fantastiskt yppig med massor av aprikos, stenighet och viss citrus, medan smaken bjöd på en fin och pigg syra tillsammans med mer mineraliga, kalkiga toner. Fruktigheten uteblev lite i munnen men det gjorde inget! Jag har en flaska till som jag ska lägga undan och se hur den är kring 10 års-strecket!
Det låter fint det där, har en flaska på lager själv (det var väl den årgången som släpptes nu nyligen?).

Och visst tusan blev det en magisk kväll. Det enda som fattades var du och din egenblandade tannin-merlot samt en del andra vinnördar från forumet. :)

ChristianB

DipWSET
Det låter fint det där, har en flaska på lager själv (det var väl den årgången som släpptes nu nyligen?).

Och visst tusan blev det en magisk kväll. Det enda som fattades var du och din egenblandade tannin-merlot samt en del andra vinnördar från forumet. :)
Det blir nästa gång! Jag stavar mitt namn med "episkt" på mitten så... ;)

StefanAkiko

I Umeå höll fyra pers i afton, inkl @Mats, en enklare kväll till vinets lov.

Miniskwittar:
1982 Suduiraut som hade tappat något sedan i lördags, sparad i pet-flaska.
1998 Suduiraut som var lika god som sist (dvs i mars), med tydlig saffran osv. Sparad slatt under kork i vinkylen.

Riktiga flaskor:
2004 Clarendon Hill, Hickinbottam (Australien) Som inte alls kom till sin rätt. Kallar druvan "Syrah" och levererar överdriven syra. Inte alls olik en ung Nordrhônare. Vi spar sista flaskan ~10 år. 91p.

2007 Sheridan Vineyard Cabernet franc (Washington State) Som denna afton prunkade i rosensnåren. På nosen lite för mycket parfymerad. På gomseglet ger den ifrån sig en god, tajt struktur med smör i slutet och en kombo av bra tanniner, bra syror och god frukt. Gjorde mig inte lika lyrisk som för några år sedan. 93p.

Halv flaska
2001 Chateau la Tour Blanche
(Sauternes) Som går några klasser under aftonens Suduirauter. Men ändå rejält bra. Saknar perfekt balans iom för låga syror i relation till sötman. Typisk med saffran osv. Rejält gott! 90p.

Till detta åt vi MH:s förträffliga tvårätters och ostbricka.

Finns ju liksom ingen anledning att krångla till det på en tisdagskväll. :bäver:

Last edited:

Mattias Schyberg

Administratör
Dricker vin från Bierzo idag för första gången, en region och druva (Mencia) som starkt rekommenderas av @chambertin, och det vin jag dricker idag gillas skarpt...
image.jpg

2010 Valtuille Cepas Centenarias (91p)
Massiv och fokuserad arom med örtiga och stjälkiga drag. Frukten är återhållen och drar mycket åt rotfrukt och möjligen svarta vinbär och (salta) plommon, detta ihop med allehanda kryddor åt peppar, timjan och lagerblad. Fattoner finns, men mest av murket slag och aningen kafferost. I munnen känns det mycket ungt och stramt, utan tvekan är det ett lagringsvin som hade mått bra av många år på rygg. Syran fräser till bra och tanninerna bits rejält. Eftersmaken är lång med känsla av sälta och en angenäm citrusskalsbeska

Jag gillar detta MYCKET. Aquired taste, inget för barn, men ack så gott. :)

merlotsmile

Medlem
2010 Valtuille Cepas Centenarias (91p)
Spännande! Den måste jag testa :).
På tal om Mencia :D ... när jag var på Ved Stranden i lördags så beställde jag ett glas Blaufränskisch och ett glas Mencia. "Vad sa du?", sa sommelieren. "Mencccccia ..... från Bierzo, Spanien". "Ahhhh", sa sommelieren .... "kommer ut med det". När han kom ut så hällde han upp Blaufränkischen, och i det andra glaset hällde han ett vitt vin :eek:. "What"?? ... det visade sig att han hört fel och hällde upp en Manzanilla :D:p.

Mattias Schyberg

Administratör
Spännande! Den måste jag testa :).
På tal om Mencia :D ... när jag var på Ved Stranden i lördags så beställde jag ett glas Blaufränskisch och ett glas Mencia. "Vad sa du?", sa sommelieren. "Mencccccia ..... från Bierzo, Spanien". "Ahhhh", sa sommelieren .... "kommer ut med det". När han kom ut så hällde han upp Blaufränkischen, och i det andra glaset hällde han ett vitt vin :eek:. "What"?? ... det visade sig att han hört fel och hällde upp en Manzanilla :D:p.
Danskar...:rolleyes:
Åker till Köpenhamn imorgon...igen. Inte fokus på vin, men någon flaska får nog följa med hem. ;)

StefanAkiko

Idag blev det först blindprovning på Arlanda Express, "biljettkuren", och jag lyckades mot all förmodan naila Riesling med viss ålder från Alsace. Detta är betydligt bättre än mitt försök att förklara för hela den götebörschka världen att vi hade en överekad nyavärldenchard i glasen, då det ju bevisligen var en annan druva. Och TACK Arlanda Express för detta kundvänliga arrangemang. Jag menar: vem förväntar sig en kvalitetsblindprovning då man väntar på nästa avgång?

Det jobbiga m blindprovning är ju att man måste analysera, utesluta, postulera, testa, riva av och ... gissa. Och med min långsamma hjärna och blygsamma erfarenhetsdatabas, så tar det sin lilla tid. Letar förtvivlat efter en snabbare processor...

Hittade till slut inget som talade mot mitt postulat och hade gediget testat av många möjliga differentialdiagnoser. Men min kompis var tålmodig och lät mina kvarnar mala.

En torr Riesling... För sällan det dricks, men 2005 Cuvée Frederic Emile från Trimbach var lite tunn vid poppet men bjöd bra på sig själv redan efter halva glaset. Den jordiga finishen med små Riesling-hintar var min räddning. Herregud min Skapare vad jag dyrkar @vintomas . Tack för en alldeles fantastisk aperitif inför efter-lunch-mötet med två finnar. Nästa gång skall jag bjuda på en annan mumsing. Blint. Gärna vid ett av ståborden vid Arlanda Express. Jag visste inte att du var service manager där :p

(Bara en ordningsvakt som lyfte lite på ett ögonbrynen men nog kanske inte riktigt kunde lista ut hur han skulle agera. Så, nästa gång åker också en förpackning äppel- eller druvjuice upp beroende på vinfärg. Och jag rekommenderar tom förpackning som återanvänds.)

Årets högsta höga. Jämlarns vad mina barnbarn kommer få höra om denna vinprovning!

- Morfarfar, kan du sluta nu och berätta en RIKTIG saga? :raseri:

Last edited:

vintomas

Numera lågaktiv bloggare
Som just nämnt, ett glas Trimbach Riesling Cuvée Fréderic Émile 2005 (från halvflaska) med @StefanAkiko i väntan på Arlanda Express. Improviserad mini-vinbar i vänthallen.
Doft av äpple, citrus och citrusskal, en del annan mogen gul frukt, en del petroleum och steniga mineraltoner, lätt parfymerad med lite vita blommor. Doften var lite blyg inledningvis och fick mer komplexitet efter hand. Torr, tydligt stenig mineralton, bra syra, fruktkomponent med gula äpplen (bara en antydan till bokna äpplen) och citrus som ligger kvar i eftersmaken, lätt kryddighet. 90 p. Har en del utvecklade toner, men på helflaska kan den nog gärna sparas lite till om man föredrar mogen stil. Rätt typisk Trimbach-stil, d.v.s. helt torr, med tydlig mineralton, rätt stram och mer av aromintensitet än massiv fruktkoncentration. Förmodligen svårt att gissa blint att vinet kommer från en fruktig årgång, men andra årgångar av Fréderic Émile kan vara mer syradominerade än så här.

StefanAkiko

Som just nämnt, ett glas Trimbach Riesling Cuvée Fréderic Émile 2005 (från halvflaska) med @StefanAkiko i väntan på Arlanda Express. Improviserad mini-vinbar i vänthallen.
Doft av äpple, citrus och citrusskal, en del annan mogen gul frukt, en del petroleum och steniga mineraltoner, lätt parfymerad med lite vita blommor. Doften var lite blyg inledningvis och fick mer komplexitet efter hand. Torr, tydligt stenig mineralton, bra syra, fruktkomponent med gula äpplen (bara en antydan till bokna äpplen) och citrus som ligger kvar i eftersmaken, lätt kryddighet. 90 p. Har en del utvecklade toner, men på helflaska kan den nog gärna sparas lite till om man föredrar mogen stil. Rätt typisk Trimbach-stil, d.v.s. helt torr, med tydlig mineralton, rätt stram och mer av aromintensitet än massiv fruktkoncentration. Förmodligen svårt att gissa blint att vinet kommer från en fruktig årgång, men andra årgångar av Fréderic Émile kan vara mer syradominerade än så här.
Jag vill gärna addera: 91 p, samtidigt som vinet bör kunna bli ändå bättre med några år till i källaren. Vinet hade i mitt gomsegel, vind av en nätt (men tydlig) jordig finish av bokna äpplen och ... jord. Riesling-markörerna var inte där vid poppet och min spontana första-sniff-känsla var Chablis. Den känslan dog dock då vinet studsade in mot just gomseglet. Då började jag istället promenera runt Silvaner som diffdiagnos till kung Riesling.

Tack @vintomas . Detta gör vi om så ofta vi kan, och jag vill gärna uppmuntra alla vinälskare att utmana varandra på ett och annat blint glas på offentlig plats. Det gav extra pirr och nerv. Me like :cool:

Last edited:

Mattias Schyberg

Administratör
Den stora frågan är vad du och @StefanAkiko gör på Arlanda tillsammans? :eek:

Toppen