Senaste nytt
finewines.se

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Som flera kanske har märkt är sig finewines.se inte sig likt rent utseendemässigt! En uppgradering av forumets mjukvara har genomförts och temat kommer successivt att uppdateras för att bättre matcha vår tidigare färgprofil! Eventuella buggar eller feedback tas tacksamt emot i den här forumtråden!

Monopol/Systembolaget - vill vi ha det eller ej, fördelar och nackdelar?

Vino fino

Medlem
Vinbönder har väl haft stöd på nationell nivå långt innan EU?
Det är väl helt ok att ha vilka nationella regler man vill, stödja vilket initiativ man vill, när det har beslutats demokratiskt. Problemet uppstår när nettogivare ska bekosta en anonym korrupt klass enligt överstatliga direktiv utan demokratiskt ansvar. Jag har hittills aldrig sett svenska politiker gå på val och berätta vad de ska göra med de pengar som vi överlåter åt EU. De brukar berätta vad de vill göra med statsbudgeten, men aldrig hur de tänker använda vårt nettobidrag till EU.

kayaker

Cyklist
Jag håller med dig i huvudsak (dvs att uniforma kvalitetsregler har drivits igenom i unionen, samtliga med ursprung i fransk nationell lagstriftning) men vi faktiskt betalar 1,15 miljarder euro om året till vinsektorn. Vilket är skandalöst. Bidragsdelen (anser jag) är helt åt skogen, regelverket är på det hela taget bra. Nästan fyra miljarder svenska kronor om året går till Spanien där 88% av totalen (mina och dina skattepengar) hamnar hos sex stycken--- sex--- bodegor.

Tyvärr har stödet förutom i Spanien också på andra ställen, anmärkningsvärt nog Champagne, hamnat i händerna på både dem som du kallar fine och medium wines. Inte nog med att bidragen gick till folk som inte behövde stöd, pengarna gick också till korruption.

https://www.ft.com/content/982ed0e4-8a1d-11e4-9b5f-00144feabdc0
Subscribe to read...

chambertin

Medlem
Jag håller med dig i huvudsak (dvs att uniforma kvalitetsregler har drivits igenom i unionen, samtliga med ursprung i fransk nationell lagstriftning) men vi faktiskt betalar 1,15 miljarder euro om året till vinsektorn. Vilket är skandalöst. Bidragsdelen (anser jag) är helt åt skogen, regelverket är på det hela taget bra. Nästan fyra miljarder svenska kronor om året går till Spanien där 88% av totalen (mina och dina skattepengar) hamnar hos sex stycken--- sex--- bodegor.

Tyvärr har stödet förutom i Spanien också på andra ställen, anmärkningsvärt nog Champagne, hamnat i händerna på både dem som du kallar fine och medium wines. Inte nog med att bidragen gick till folk som inte behövde stöd, pengarna gick också till korruption.

https://www.ft.com/content/982ed0e4-8a1d-11e4-9b5f-00144feabdc0
Om din källa för detta påstående är FT så är artikeln inte läsbar för oss som inte har access där.

Vino fino

Medlem
Verkar vara het efterfrågan på Financial Times i afton...

Subsidising wine
The EU has now increased the sum available for promoting wine over the period 2014 to 2018 by 121 per cent to €1.15bn

Jancis Robinson
fthead:jancis-robinson

For the sake of sake OCTOBER 7, 2016

“Making good wine is just the beginning — selling it is what’s difficult.” So says Silvana Ballotta, and she should know: she runs Business Strategies in Florence, helping small and medium-sized wine companies to expand internationally.

A common, and to my mind justified, complaint of wine producers outside Europe has been that their EU counterparts have long been cosseted by subsidies to guarantee a minimum price or even paid to have their unwanted produce distilled into industrial alcohol. In 2008, all this changed: the EU decided that the funds once poured metaphorically into the European wine lake should be spent instead on promoting European wine outside Europe, creating new markets and making it more competitive with the likes of Australian Shiraz and California Chardonnay.

Some €522m was spent promoting European wine outside the EU between 2009 and 2013. And now — rather amazingly considering how many misappropriations have been uncovered — the EU has increased the total sum available for the period 2014 to 2018 by 121 per cent to €1.15bn a year. (Wine exports from the EU are worth €8.6bn.)
France, for example, is to be allotted €280.5m every year between now and 2017 — very much less than the other two big wine producers of Europe, Spain and Italy. Perhaps this is in response to the discovery, as part of the EU audit into how the money was spent, that “one beneficiary presenting an amount of €3,405 was classified as ‘informative travels for journalists, importers, market co-ordinators, etc to the area where the wine is produced’,” but turned out to be the cost of three VIP tickets for the tennis championships at Roland Garros “which cannot be considered as a wine promotion action”, as the report concludes drily. The French were also highlighted unfavourably for claiming €2.4m between 2009 and 2012 for the promotion of champagne, a name that is already world-famous and has been fiercely protected for years.

The country that had the most money to spend last year, €353m, was Spain, although the EU pointed out that far too high a proportion of funds, 88 per cent, was given to six big companies that already had a presence in export markets. The whole point of this initiative is to make life easier for small and medium-sized companies.

Spain’s budget has been slashed from this year but Italy has €334m to spend annually up to 2017 — good news for Ballotta. She has worked at the World Bank and, usefully, for the EU. Since 2009 she has been helping smaller Italian companies find EU matching grants to promote their wares outside Europe (whereby the EU funds 50 per cent of approved projects). She speaks disapprovingly of the €14m that some of Italy’s biggest wine companies managed to claim in 2009.

Her work has typically involved grouping small companies into a larger entity so as to qualify for the minimum EU grant of €100,000, nursing them through the process of attacking Asian and US markets and, crucially, helping them account for themselves afterwards. The Veneto (Prosecco, Amarone, Soave and cheap Pinot Grigio) takes the lion’s share, then Sicily, Tuscany and Piemonte. “Getting the money is the easiest part,” she says, “but 10 out of the 15 people in our office spend their time auditing. If there’s a missing boarding pass or comma on a report, then things are very difficult. And if they forget the EU logo [on promotional material], the EU won’t pay.” Indeed, in Italy at least, there seems to be far more emphasis on the process than the results.

Wine exports from the EU to Asia have been increasing but it is difficult to argue this is as a result of the sort of initiatives that Ballotta and her like have been organising. She does realise what a blunt instrument she is working with. “We find wine producers filling in forms proposing a campaign in, for example, Shanghai, getting the grant, and then asking, where’s Shanghai?” she says. “Typically, they get the money and then we have to nurse them through how to spend it. And we have to be careful that everything is co-ordinated and the recipients aren’t all trying to court the same importers. Many of them don’t speak languages, get the funds to go to an Asian wine fair and just sit there. Not even a prostitute sits and waits.’’

The most obvious beneficiaries of the EU strategy have been the organisers of wine fairs in Asia; Asia has the least saturated target markets and the easiest way to make contacts is at a fair. These have mushroomed across China — rare is the month when I am not invited to one of China’s third cities for the wine event of a lifetime.

Hong Kong Vinexpo, the Asian version of Bordeaux’s wine-trade fair, started off with just one floor but had grown to such an extent last year that Italy alone occupied a whole floor.

A more recent Chinese problem has been organising grand dinners to accompany the fine Barolo and Brunello being represented. “You can’t serve lamb in pineapple sauce with fine Barolo,” says Ballotta. She is opening an office in Shanghai, to be run by a Chinese woman who used to represent Château Mouton-Rothschild but wants to move on to the wines of Italy.

In the US, the approach is very different because Italian wine is so well known there and trade fairs are less important. Instead, efforts tend to be focused on tastings for sommeliers. Any half-decent restaurant can be depended upon to come up with suitable food matches.

EU funds may be used for advertising and at one stage it was the summit of many small producers’ desires to see their wine feature in a glamorous ad in one of the world’s top wine magazines. But now that little effect has been noted, most of them are questioning the value of this particular approach, according to Ballotta.

She sees potential in Central and South America, even though Brazil has protectionist measures in place. But, if all goes as expected, the next target market will be the UK, which the EU is expected to add to its permitted spheres of subsidised wine promotion shortly. Good news for organisers of UK wine fairs, presumably.

More at Jancis Robinson.com

Illustration by Ingram Pinn

Pontus

Medlem
Det är väl helt ok att ha vilka nationella regler man vill, stödja vilket initiativ man vill, när det har beslutats demokratiskt. Problemet uppstår när nettogivare ska bekosta en anonym korrupt klass enligt överstatliga direktiv utan demokratiskt ansvar. Jag har hittills aldrig sett svenska politiker gå på val och berätta vad de ska göra med de pengar som vi överlåter åt EU. De brukar berätta vad de vill göra med statsbudgeten, men aldrig hur de tänker använda vårt nettobidrag till EU.
Ok, så allt detta hade varit helt ok om det skett på nationell nivå?

vintomas

Numera lågaktiv bloggare
Verkar vara het efterfrågan på Financial Times i afton...

Subsidising wine
The EU has now increased the sum available for promoting wine over the period 2014 to 2018 by 121 per cent to €1.15bn

Jancis Robinson
fthead:jancis-robinson

For the sake of sake OCTOBER 7, 2016

“Making good wine is just the beginning — selling it is what’s difficult.” So says Silvana Ballotta, and she should know: she runs Business Strategies in Florence, helping small and medium-sized wine companies to expand internationally.

A common, and to my mind justified, complaint of wine producers outside Europe has been that their EU counterparts have long been cosseted by subsidies to guarantee a minimum price or even paid to have their unwanted produce distilled into industrial alcohol. In 2008, all this changed: the EU decided that the funds once poured metaphorically into the European wine lake should be spent instead on promoting European wine outside Europe, creating new markets and making it more competitive with the likes of Australian Shiraz and California Chardonnay.

Some €522m was spent promoting European wine outside the EU between 2009 and 2013. And now — rather amazingly considering how many misappropriations have been uncovered — the EU has increased the total sum available for the period 2014 to 2018 by 121 per cent to €1.15bn a year. (Wine exports from the EU are worth €8.6bn.)
France, for example, is to be allotted €280.5m every year between now and 2017 — very much less than the other two big wine producers of Europe, Spain and Italy. Perhaps this is in response to the discovery, as part of the EU audit into how the money was spent, that “one beneficiary presenting an amount of €3,405 was classified as ‘informative travels for journalists, importers, market co-ordinators, etc to the area where the wine is produced’,” but turned out to be the cost of three VIP tickets for the tennis championships at Roland Garros “which cannot be considered as a wine promotion action”, as the report concludes drily. The French were also highlighted unfavourably for claiming €2.4m between 2009 and 2012 for the promotion of champagne, a name that is already world-famous and has been fiercely protected for years.

The country that had the most money to spend last year, €353m, was Spain, although the EU pointed out that far too high a proportion of funds, 88 per cent, was given to six big companies that already had a presence in export markets. The whole point of this initiative is to make life easier for small and medium-sized companies.

Spain’s budget has been slashed from this year but Italy has €334m to spend annually up to 2017 — good news for Ballotta. She has worked at the World Bank and, usefully, for the EU. Since 2009 she has been helping smaller Italian companies find EU matching grants to promote their wares outside Europe (whereby the EU funds 50 per cent of approved projects). She speaks disapprovingly of the €14m that some of Italy’s biggest wine companies managed to claim in 2009.

Her work has typically involved grouping small companies into a larger entity so as to qualify for the minimum EU grant of €100,000, nursing them through the process of attacking Asian and US markets and, crucially, helping them account for themselves afterwards. The Veneto (Prosecco, Amarone, Soave and cheap Pinot Grigio) takes the lion’s share, then Sicily, Tuscany and Piemonte. “Getting the money is the easiest part,” she says, “but 10 out of the 15 people in our office spend their time auditing. If there’s a missing boarding pass or comma on a report, then things are very difficult. And if they forget the EU logo [on promotional material], the EU won’t pay.” Indeed, in Italy at least, there seems to be far more emphasis on the process than the results.

Wine exports from the EU to Asia have been increasing but it is difficult to argue this is as a result of the sort of initiatives that Ballotta and her like have been organising. She does realise what a blunt instrument she is working with. “We find wine producers filling in forms proposing a campaign in, for example, Shanghai, getting the grant, and then asking, where’s Shanghai?” she says. “Typically, they get the money and then we have to nurse them through how to spend it. And we have to be careful that everything is co-ordinated and the recipients aren’t all trying to court the same importers. Many of them don’t speak languages, get the funds to go to an Asian wine fair and just sit there. Not even a prostitute sits and waits.’’

The most obvious beneficiaries of the EU strategy have been the organisers of wine fairs in Asia; Asia has the least saturated target markets and the easiest way to make contacts is at a fair. These have mushroomed across China — rare is the month when I am not invited to one of China’s third cities for the wine event of a lifetime.

Hong Kong Vinexpo, the Asian version of Bordeaux’s wine-trade fair, started off with just one floor but had grown to such an extent last year that Italy alone occupied a whole floor.

A more recent Chinese problem has been organising grand dinners to accompany the fine Barolo and Brunello being represented. “You can’t serve lamb in pineapple sauce with fine Barolo,” says Ballotta. She is opening an office in Shanghai, to be run by a Chinese woman who used to represent Château Mouton-Rothschild but wants to move on to the wines of Italy.

In the US, the approach is very different because Italian wine is so well known there and trade fairs are less important. Instead, efforts tend to be focused on tastings for sommeliers. Any half-decent restaurant can be depended upon to come up with suitable food matches.

EU funds may be used for advertising and at one stage it was the summit of many small producers’ desires to see their wine feature in a glamorous ad in one of the world’s top wine magazines. But now that little effect has been noted, most of them are questioning the value of this particular approach, according to Ballotta.

She sees potential in Central and South America, even though Brazil has protectionist measures in place. But, if all goes as expected, the next target market will be the UK, which the EU is expected to add to its permitted spheres of subsidised wine promotion shortly. Good news for organisers of UK wine fairs, presumably.

More at Jancis Robinson.com

Illustration by Ingram Pinn
Intressant läsning, och stämmer överens med vad jag hade uppfattat bortsett från att jag inte hade någon aning om beloppen som satsades. Artikeln är i och för sig inkonsekvent vad gäller belopp, är det € 1.15 bn per år eller över femårsperioden 2014-2018?

Om det är 1,15 miljarder euro på hela femårsperioden så kan den svenska andelen uppskattas till 65-70 miljoner kronor per år. Sverige står nämligen för 3,0-3,1% av EU:s budget. Det är en hel del pengar, men ändå mindre än t.ex. IOGT-NTO:s budget. ;) Det årliga beloppet räcker för att finansiera länsstyrelserna i 9-10 dagar eller regeringskansliet i 3,5 dagar.

Jag googlade och hittade följande informativa tabellverk:

http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/wine/statistics/annex-4-2014-2018_en.pdf

I de första tabellerna är det tydligt att siffran 1,158 mrd euro är för femårsperioden, men det är å andra sidan bara en del av EU-stödet till vinsektorn. Den årliga siffran för det totala CAP-stödet till vinsektorn är ca 1,25 mrd euro per år. Varav Sveriges andel som @vintomas skriver är ca 3%, även om den siffran är baserad på det totala åtagandet, snarare än enskilda budgetlinor.

ChristianB

DipWSET
Jag ramlade över lite information om vinlandet Tyskland och fick på köpet ännu ett bevis på vilken garant för kvalitet som systembolaget utgör! Tänk att vi får så mycket mer vin för pengarna jämfört med t.ex norrmännen...

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weinbau_in_Deutschland#Vermarktung

(Varning posten kan innehålla spår av ironi)
Tja... Kul post men den har nog mer att göra med Sveriges dåliga smak. :p Fördomarna om tyska viner och deras grad av sötma är så pass många att de flesta väljer bort dem. Lägg till att många går för aromatiskt publikfriande Sauv. B. så är det inte så märkligt. Dessutom så producerar ju tyskarna rätt lite vin i de allra översta lagren av kvalitet, precis som Bggne 1er Cru och GC står för en försvinnande liten del av produktionen där.

Med nuvarande affärsmodell så kommer nog inte Systembolaget att ändra så mycket heller. Det är ju inte dåligt vin som tyskarna gör, bara billigt...

chambertin

Medlem
Tja... Kul post men den har nog mer att göra med Sveriges dåliga smak. :p Fördomarna om tyska viner och deras grad av sötma är så pass många att de flesta väljer bort dem. Lägg till att många går för aromatiskt publikfriande Sauv. B. så är det inte så märkligt. Dessutom så producerar ju tyskarna rätt lite vin i de allra översta lagren av kvalitet, precis som Bggne 1er Cru och GC står för en försvinnande liten del av produktionen där.

Med nuvarande affärsmodell så kommer nog inte Systembolaget att ändra så mycket heller. Det är ju inte dåligt vin som tyskarna gör, bara billigt...
Har väldigt svårt att se att Sverige skiljer sig så radikalt pga smak. Framför allt jfrt med andra Europeiska länder. Tror snarare att skillnaden har med monopol, s.k Sortimentsmodeller och den förhållandevis stora konsumtionen av vin i BiB att göra.
Fördomarna mot haltorra/halvsöta viners lämplighet till mat är inte ngt unikt svenskt utan ganska vanligt i de flesta länder som anammat Frankrike som likhetstecken för bra/fin/exklusiv mat.

ChristianB

DipWSET
Jag förstår din tanke men jag undrar om det är så enkelt. Det känns helt enkelt lite för lätt att bara skylla på BiB och SBs modell med försäljning och efterfrågan... Vi kan ju vara rätt onyanserade i vår kritik här på forumet. ;)

kayaker

Cyklist
Jag förstår din tanke men jag undrar om det är så enkelt. Det känns helt enkelt lite för lätt att bara skylla på BiB och SBs modell med försäljning och efterfrågan... Vi kan ju vara rätt onyanserade i vår kritik här på forumet. ;)
Så fel är det nog inte. Monopolet gör ju att det till stor del är SB som styr efterfrågan med sin sortimentsmodell, sina offertförfrågningar, och i förlängningen sitt utbud. Den stora massan köper det som finns på hyllan.

Göran

Medlem
Vad jag tycker är märkligt är att de viner som det norska monopolet köper in från Tyskland är 158% dyrare än de som systembolaget köper in. Här är det ändå fråga om två grannländer och två monopol. Eller är det vår smak som är så mycket sämre än norrmännens?

Mattias Schyberg

Administratör
Vad jag tycker är märkligt är att de viner som det norska monopolet köper in från Tyskland är 158% dyrare än de som systembolaget köper in. Här är det ändå fråga om två grannländer och två monopol. Eller är det vår smak som är så mycket sämre än norrmännens?
Norrmännen är generellt mindre priskänsliga än svenskar även inom andra livsmedel så jag blir inte förvånad att samma sak verkar gälla med vin.

Peder

Medlem
Intressant dokumentär på ingång där Uppdrag granskning synar arbetsförhållanderna i Sydafrika och Systembolagets delaktighet när det gäller Robertson Winery.

Hoppas att Ug är hårda mot Systembolaget eftersom SB är sista kedjan ut mot kund och därför har ett stort ansvar. Journalister brukar annars vara snälla mot SB och nykterhetsrörelsen oavsett vad för skelett man har i garderoben.

Mattias Schyberg

Administratör
Hoppas att Ug är hårda mot Systembolaget eftersom SB är sista kedjan ut mot kund och därför har ett stort ansvar. Journalister brukar annars vara snälla mot SB och nykterhetsrörelsen oavsett vad för skelett man har i garderoben.
Ja, SVT och statlighet i allmänhet, sitter nog i samma båt här kan jag tänka mig. ;)

Emanuel

Instagram; Swedish Champagne Dude
Det har åtminstone varit snabba att mota Olle i grind på sin hemsida...

Toppen