Senaste nytt
finewines.se

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Som flera kanske har märkt är sig finewines.se inte sig likt rent utseendemässigt! En uppgradering av forumets mjukvara har genomförts och temat kommer successivt att uppdateras för att bättre matcha vår tidigare färgprofil! Eventuella buggar eller feedback tas tacksamt emot i den här forumtråden!

Kommentarer till krönikor [i olika medier]

Wintermute

Medlem

chambertin

Medlem
Väldigt många viner har fel årgång på SB:s hemsida gång på gång. Och det är importörernas skydlighet att ansvara att det är korrekt årgång, vilket de inte verkar bry sig om. Alla fall, gällande beställningssortimentet.
Och det vållar problem för oss kunderna, för man vill inte ha kanske en sämre årgång än vad man har beställt. I vissa fall kan skillnader vara ganska stora sinsemellan.
Så är det men det hade ju varit väldigt enkelt för SB att ha en rutin för BS där dom själva ändrar i sitt system om man upptäcker ett fel (efter kontakt med importören). Det är ju trots allt SB som säljer vinet (och inte importören) och dom tar samma marginaler på viner som säljs via BS som dom har på fasta och tillfälliga sortimenten. Utöver det så hanterar dom ju inte olika årgångar särskilt bra i sitt "eget" sortiment heller (eller rättare sagt inte alls vid årgångsbyte).

buteljen

Medlem
Någon som vet något mer om detta som lanserades idag?

"Backed by a small group of Swedish wine loving investors, none of whom have any ties to the wine industry, Perrotti-Brown and Berglund seek a return to the high ethical standards initially championed by Robert M. Parker, Jr. back when he startedThe Wine Advocate in 1978."

"2006 marked a turning point, when Johan visited Bordeaux during En Primeur for the first time. His maiden barrel sample was Chateau Latour 2005 and since then, he has never looked back. He has attended every Bordeaux Primeur since. The Wine Independent started as a seed in Johan’s mind ten years ago and is now coming to fruition in collaboration with co-founder Lisa Perrotti-Brown."

THE WINE INDEPENDENT

Co-founders Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW, former editor in chief of Robert Parker Wine Advocate, and acclaimed photographer, Johan Berglund, announce the launch of The Wine Independent.

TheWineIndependent.com is a completely independent, advertising free, back-to-basics subscriber model publication that focuses on expert reviews, with professional photojournalism and unprecedented search capabilities.

SWEDEN, January 17th, 2022 - Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW and renowned Swedish photojournalist Johan Berglund have teamed up to create a new wine review website that is both visually enticing and refreshingly honest.

Backed by a small group of Swedish wine loving investors, none of whom have any ties to the wine industry, Perrotti-Brown and Berglund seek a return to the high ethical standards initially championed by Robert M. Parker, Jr. back when he startedThe Wine Advocate in 1978.

“Unbiased wine criticism is important for wine lovers who are seeking to navigate the world of fine wine,” said Perrotti-Brown. “At its foundation, a reputable wine criticism publication should not accept money from any other wine related entities. Many consumers believe this is the case when they read reviews from well-known critics. Still, numerous conflicts of interest have come to light in recent years, such as selling event tables to wineries and score previews to retailers through ultra-premium subscriptions. Some supposedly reputable publications – ones that claim to be independent - are guilty of such practices. As a result, faith in wine reviews has been eroded to the point where buyers no longer know who they can trust.”

While sound ethics are at the heart ofThe Wine Independent , it promises consumers much more than unbiased reviews. Johan Berglund is the award-winning photographer behind numerous books about iconic producers, including Chateau Pontet-Canet, Le Dôme, and Troplong Mondot. To pursue his dream of launching his own wine publication, he will no longer work on behalf of wineries but focus his talents on telling the visual stories-behind-the-stories of regions and producers atThe Wine Independent .

“The Wine Independent will inform and surprise wine lovers with a steady stream of original, continuously evolving content beyond the ratings,” said Johan Berglund. “We look forward to taking our readers on exciting journeys into the lives of the people from the regions we cover, with in-depth features and visual storytelling. As for editorial staff, we will grow organically at a steady pace.”

While Perrotti-Brown and Berglund are the controlling shareholders ofThe Wine Independent , they intend to bring more critics on board, offering equity as part of the company’s incentive package. “AtRobert Parker Wine Advocate , it was my job to find and on-board talented reviewers for more than thirteen years,”mentioned Perrotti-Brown.“At The Wine Independent, we similarly plan to cover the fine wine world using a team of regional experts. If there are great wines out there that collectors need to know about, we will cover them.”
Apart from comprehensiveness and expertise, Perrotti-Brown cites the timeliness of reviews as another critical factor in servicing consumers. “When wines that are in high demand and short supply hit the market, we will be there with all the facts and advice so that our readers can make informed decisions.”

The website also promises groundbreaking new search capabilities to help consumers find wines that suit their palates and philosophies. “We’re emerging from an era when a disproportionate emphasis was placed on wine scores, largely because scores were the easiest and quickest part of a wine review to understand. But scores are simply an indication of relative quality. An accurately written, meaningful tasting note can offer more information about the wine’s style and flavor and therefore be even more valuable to consumers. With this in mind, we are adding an expansive range of filters to our wine search function, some of which are not currently found on any other wine website. This will help subscribers navigate the tasting notes with greater speed and ease.”

TheWineIndependent.com launches in May 2022. An interim site is available from 17th January 2022.

Instagram: @thewineindependent Facebook: thewineindependent Twitter: @thewineind

About Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW

Born and raised in rural Maine, Lisa has spent over 25-years working in the wine industry, living in London, Tokyo, Singapore, and now Napa, California. In 2008, she became a Master of Wine and began working for Robert M. Parker, Jr. at The Wine Advocate. In 2013, she became Editor in Chief for Robert Parker Wine Advocate and RobertParker.com and was the publication’s critic for the wines of Bordeaux, Napa Valley, and Sonoma County. Her first book, Taste Like a Wine Critic: A Guide to Understanding Wine Quality, was published in 2015. In 2021, Lisa left Robert Parker Wine Advocate to become co-founder of The Wine Independent.

About Johan Berglund

Johan trained as a documentary photographer at ICP in New York in the early 1990s after having spent much of his youth backpacking throughout Asia and Africa. On returning to Sweden, he received a series of photojournalism assignments from leading Scandinavian newspapers and travelled to conflict areas around the world. In 1999, he won Photographer of the Year and Picture of the Year. 2006 marked a turning point, when Johan visited Bordeaux during En Primeur for the first time. His maiden barrel sample was Chateau Latour 2005 and since then, he has never looked back. He has attended every Bordeaux Primeur since. The Wine Independent started as a seed in Johan’s mind ten years ago and is now coming to fruition in collaboration with co-founder Lisa Perrotti-Brown.

Media Contact:

info@thewineindependent.com

Last edited:

vintomas

Numera lågaktiv bloggare
Någon som vet något mer om detta som lanserades idag?

"Backed by a small group of Swedish wine loving investors, none of whom have any ties to the wine industry, Perrotti-Brown and Berglund seek a return to the high ethical standards initially championed by Robert M. Parker, Jr. back when he startedThe Wine Advocate in 1978."

"2006 marked a turning point, when Johan visited Bordeaux during En Primeur for the first time. His maiden barrel sample was Chateau Latour 2005 and since then, he has never looked back. He has attended every Bordeaux Primeur since. The Wine Independent started as a seed in Johan’s mind ten years ago and is now coming to fruition in collaboration with co-founder Lisa Perrotti-Brown."

Ditt inlägg är det första jag hör om detta, och även om jag känner igen namnet Lisa Perotti-Brown från det ständigt föränderliga persongalleriet hos The Wine Advocate de senaste dryga 10 åren kan jag inte säga att namnet Johan Berglund ringer lika mycket av en klocka.

Det är lustigt att de anger en inriktning att återgå till något som liknar Parkers rötter när den ena av de två är fotograf; det är ju en påtaglig avsaknad av foton hos The Wine Advocate. :)

Det TWA hade ursprungligen med Parker var ju en tydlig avsändare med konsekvent smak. Det gick ju mer eller mindre åt h-vete så snart han plockade in en massa andra personer, där några var utmärkta skribenter men representerade annan smak än Parker själv (t.ex. Neal Martin och David Schildknecht) medan andra var uppenbara felrekryteringar (t.ex. Jay Miller).

buteljen

Medlem
Lite mer info

"Among some “fun features we are playing with”, Perrotti-Brown told db that she felt “strongly” that there should be filters for “body and alcohol” when it comes to search terms because they are “becoming increasingly important for consumers” who are looking for wines with a lighter body or lower alcohol.

“Everyone has a stylistic preference, and we are not saying that one style is better than another, but we want to provide more guidance for people with a very specific view of the wine they have in mind, so they can quickly find it,” she said.

Finally, when asked about the range of wines the site was expected to cover, she said that The Wine Independent was “mainly for people who want to collect wine”, but would not only feature “ultra-expensive wines” and would incorporate “new discoveries and great value wines”."

thunberg

Flaskfantast
Administratör
Fick just ett utskick från Alf Tumble.
50% syra känns lite väl i överkant.
1643889688700.png

vintomas

Numera lågaktiv bloggare
Champagne kan ge värre skador än näsblod om man har otur!

Min gissning: glasen var preparerade. En typisk ecstasy-dos är ca 100 mg, det ska nog kunna gömmas i ett ”rent” glas av rätt utseende (krusiduller o.s.v.).

Thirsty

Smygnykterist
Systembolaget slutar sälja rysk alkohol på grund av kriget i Ukraina.

Tidigare under dagen har Finlands alkoholmonopol fattat samma beslut.

Beslutet att säljstoppa alla ryska produkter gäller omedelbart och tills vidare. Systembolaget ställer dessutom in alla planerade lanseringar av rysk alkohol.

I ett pressmeddelande skriver det statliga bolaget att Ryssland angrepp innebär stort lidande för den ukrainska befolkningen, och att invasionen är ett uppenbart brott mot internationell rätt.

”Situationen är exceptionell och vi tar utvecklingen på stort allvar. Vi har mot bakgrund av beslutet informerat berörda leverantörer”, säger Ulf Sjödin, sortimentschef på Systembolaget i pressmeddelandet.

vintomas

Numera lågaktiv bloggare
Systembolaget slutar sälja rysk alkohol på grund av kriget i Ukraina.

Tidigare under dagen har Finlands alkoholmonopol fattat samma beslut.

Beslutet att säljstoppa alla ryska produkter gäller omedelbart och tills vidare. Systembolaget ställer dessutom in alla planerade lanseringar av rysk alkohol.

I ett pressmeddelande skriver det statliga bolaget att Ryssland angrepp innebär stort lidande för den ukrainska befolkningen, och att invasionen är ett uppenbart brott mot internationell rätt.

”Situationen är exceptionell och vi tar utvecklingen på stort allvar. Vi har mot bakgrund av beslutet informerat berörda leverantörer”, säger Ulf Sjödin, sortimentschef på Systembolaget i pressmeddelandet.
Hmmm... antar att det kanske inte strider mot konkurrensneutraliteten att utesluta produkter från utanför EU/EES? Men det är ändå lite förvånande att de inte berör ett sådant övervägande krig monopolställningen i sitt uttalande. :D

På sätt och vis lite synd om exilryssarna i landet. De behöver rimligen dränka sorgerna med något riktigt starkt när Putin tycks vara på god väg att göra Ryssland till en pariastat och världens mest hatade land. Som en kommentar jag såg: när t.o.m. IOK och FIFA vill distansera sig från ett land som varit villigt att betala feta mutor, ja då vet man att det är riktigt, riktigt illa. ;)

vintomas

Numera lågaktiv bloggare
Förbud att exportera Champagne, eller ”mosserande vin från Frankrike” som ryssarna klar det, från EU till Ryssland.
Visa bifogad bild 25826
Hos SvD stod det "finviner". Euronews anger att det är lyxvaror som kostar över € 300 som berörs: https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/...ia-to-ban-luxury-goods-and-energy-investments
Om det är € 300 per flaska, och detta tillämpas i grossistledet ex moms (det står inte tydligt i artikeln), är det ganska många "finviner" som slinker igenom t.o.m. med dagens LVMH-prissättning. Men inte bl.a. Clos du Mesnil eller La Tâche.

Toppen